Virtualization, in computing, is the creation of a virtual version of aomputing resource (server, client system, storage device or network resource). Virtualization technologies provide methods for dividing the resources of a computer system into multiple execution environments. These technologies can be used in enterprise environments to enhance the configuration and management of computational resources.
- Created a VMware virtual environment with host machines running ESX 4.0 as hypervisors and being managed by vCenter Server 4.0.
- Created a library of virtual machine configurations through template which can be used for further VM deployments.
- Created infrastructure where a Storage Area Network (SAN) is linked to ESX servers to create data store.
- Configured and exprimented with capabilities such as vMotion, Storage vMotion and Live migration.
- Planned content and activities for a data center technologies course in the iSchool.